Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

Remember when I used to blog? Well, turns out life with two kids doesn't leave too much time for hobbies or blogging about said hobbies. ;) Anyway, I am taking advantage of Brielle's nap time today to whip up a quick post about one of our favorite recipes. We are living on quick meals and crock pot dinners. I posted some of our favorite crock pot dinners in this post a couple years ago, and I have revamped one of them to be a little healthier without adding too much prep time. It's my favorite thing to make right now. So, without further ado, I give you...



You will need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth 
1 bottle teriyaki sauce or marinade (Lawry's, etc.)
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Frozen stir fry veggie blend (I used the one from Costco)
Rice (and water to cook it)

First, get out your crock pot and dump in the first list of ingredients. Cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 6-8 (may vary depending on your crock pot).

When chicken is cooked through, remove from crock pot and shred chicken. Put it back in with the sauce. Turn heat to low until you're ready to serve. 



20-30 minutes before dinner, start your rice. Follow the instructions on the back of the package to make about 6-8 servings, because this is a pretty big batch of chicken. 



10 minutes before dinner, start the veggies. I make as much as will fit in our big frying pan, and it takes about 7 minutes.


Lastly, assemble your bowl! You can do it in any order you like, but I find that my family is more likely to eat something if the veggies are hidden. It also tastes best if you put the chicken on top since the sauce gets on all the layers that way. Yum! I hope you give it a try some time. It is so easy, fast, and delicious. Happy cooking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment