Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bumpdate: 13 Weeks

One thing that I wish I would have done better with Z's pregnancy is keep better records and take more pictures. I was great after she was born, but I want to do better this time! Here's a quick update:

How far along: 13 weeks 1 day
Size of baby: Lemon, about 3 inches long and weighing in around 1 oz.
Total weight gain/loss: I started out this pregnancy around 122, and I hit 112 a few weeks ago. Last week I had gained a little back and was 115, so I guess -7, as of last weighing. (I'm so grateful we don't have a scale. I stressed so much about gaining weight last time, and it has been the same struggle this time. I have been less sick and able to eat a lot more, but I lost about the same amount of weight. It's been frustrating. Hopefully I can keep gaining at a healthy rate now that I'm almost in the second trimester.)
Stretch marks: No new ones.
Maternity clothes: Here and there. Since I lost a lot of weight, a lot of my pants are still working. Maternity pants are more comfortable, though, so I have worn them a few times.
Baby-related purchases: So far, we have only bought one case of newborn diapers. We had a coupon for Huggies Snugglers, and those don't go up to Zia's size. Other than that, I bought a few maternity items online last week. I bought most things in size medium for last pregnancy, so most of them are way too big (or just stretched out!) for this thinner version of me.
Movement: I think I have felt a few flutters, but nothing for sure yet.
Sleep: Not great, but not awful. I am always pretty tired, but when Austin or Zia wakes up in the night, it usually wakes me up for a while. I tend to have a hard time getting back to sleep. Poor Z is getting her canine teeth right now, so she has woken up in pain a few nights in a row.
Belly button in or out: Half and half. Sadly, it never fully went back in after I had Z. That was the only place on my belly that got stretch marks, so I think it was just too stretched out. Anyway, it popped pretty early with Z, so I'm guessing it will do the same thing this time.
What I miss: Being able to eat a lot and smelling the world without being disgusted/gagging. Also not feeling exhausted. Sometimes I feel a little nostalgic over the fact that Zia isn't going to be our only baby soon. These months with her have been the very best of my life, and in some ways I'm sad to have her only child days come to an end, despite how excited I am for her to have a little brother or sister.
Cravings: I have had the most random, STRONG cravings this time around! I don't think I ever craved anything with Z, which I always thought was pretty weird. This time around my body is making up for it! At any moment of the day, I am probably craving something. If I give in to the craving, it tastes like manna from heaven! I'm only half joking! One of my most recent cravings was cookies from Swig. I hadn't even tried them before, but I had heard enough good things about them that my brain finally decided I had to try them. I wasn't disappointed! I ate most of my cookie and some of Austin's! Zia had some too, of course. :) I also have eaten Costa Vida's sweet pork salad a few times, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it each time. Meat has to be pretty cleverly disguised for me to be able to eat it these days, and that fits the bill. It's even kind of healthy! ;)
Worries: Gaining weight, as usual. Now that we're at the end of the first trimester, I am a lot less nervous about the pregnancy itself. I am mostly worried about being able to keep up with my school work and internship and Zia and everything else I have going on during the already exhausting process of being pregnant. I did it once before, though, and I'm sure it will be fine. :)
What I look forward to: Finding out the gender in just a few weeks! Then we will know if we need to find/buy a lot of boy things or just add a few things to the stash of girl stuff we already have. Plus Austin will finally start talking about names once we know if it's a boy or a girl.
Celebrations: My first appointment was three weeks ago, and everything looked good! We were able to have a mini ultrasound to check things out, and the baby was measuring right on time with a strong, little heartbeat. Baby wiggled around like crazy the whole time, which I loved. There is so much life in a baby, even from the very early stages of pregnancy. It's amazing.

That's it for my pregnancy update, but now for a "bumpdate!" I have been a little better about getting pictures taken this time around. They aren't anything fancy, but it's mostly about measuring that belly and baby as they grow!

First picture right after we found out at 4 weeks. Excuse the crazy hair and no makeup. :)


Second picture after a date to go get sushi (cooked chicken and veggies only, don't worry) at 8 weeks. Barely starting to be a little round!


Last week after our adventurous day at Lagoon. I took it pretty easy, because no ride is worth hurting our little peanut! 12 weeks.


The funny thing is, I feel like it always looks bigger from my perspective. :)


 Well, this little cutie is sure growing fast! (Mini ultrasound pic taken at 10 week appointment.)


 We have another appointment next week, so I'll let you know how things are going soon!

Thanks for dropping by!

-Malia



1 comment:

  1. Fun to read about little Springer Baby number two! So, so excited!!

    ReplyDelete