Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Star Light Star Bright Quilt-A-Long Finished Quilt Top!

Well, friends, it took me long enough--but it's finally done! My Star Light Star Bright quilt top is finished. I got behind during midterms, and it has taken me forever to catch up. Anyway, I barely finished the top in time!

Finally finished up my block centers.


Finished my block sides and corners and ironed, ironed, ironed....


Assembled my blog pieces in piles to make sure I didn't mismatch things!


I was so happy to finally have my nine blocks all together! I played around with layout for way too long before I finally decided this was the only way I liked.


All I needed to do was add some sashing and voila!


The lighting is horrible for this one, but I did the best I could in our tiny living room. The hubs was nice enough to hold it up so I could get a better photo, but the colors are a little better in the previous picture.


I am really excited to quilt and bind this beauty! With Zia's birthday coming up so soon (9 days, say whaaaaat???), maybe it will be for her birthday! She doesn't really appreciate quilts at this age. Only fuzzy goodness for this little lady! She has three fuzzy blankies that she loves to death.

This gray one...



This pink one...


And this elephant one. (Have I ever told you how much she loves elephants? A lot.)


She literally gave that elephant fabric a kiss when we found it at JoAnn the other day. Too cute.

Anyway, maybe I will hold on to the quilt to give to her when she is old enough to appreciate it. Or maybe it will just be a lap quilt. We'll see. Like I said, I still have a good amount of work to do with the quilting and binding.

For my first quilt with actual blocks, this turned out pretty well! I really enjoyed my very first quilt-a-long, and I am hoping to do another one soon! Maybe during this summer, so I will have a little more free time to work on it. ;)

Thanks for reading!

-Malia

2 comments:

  1. Oh Malia, it turned out just gorgeous!!! What a spectacular finish!! I love the way you laid it out, the colors are perfectly balanced and oh so pretty. Great job on getting caught back up and finishing. That is spectacular!! And I am so glad you enjoyed your first QAL. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Honey. That quilt turned out amazing. I love it. And of course I love the pics of Little Z.

    ReplyDelete