Monday, March 24, 2014

Too Many T-Shirts...

Can you believe it's spring? Spring is such a wonderful time of year. I absolutely love it! It's beautiful, fresh, and happy. I am always a little sad to put my winter wardrobe away, but this year I am trying to put a positive spin on it. Since I have gotten rid of so many things post-baby, this just gives me a chance to refashion and make some fun new spring/summer clothes for the warmer weather ahead.

I don't know about all of you, but I have a TON of clothes waiting around to be refashioned. They are leftovers from our closet and a few things that my siblings or parents didn't want anymore, and the pile has grown rapidly. It now fills a large gray tub and a banker box with a little leftover.

I got my stash out a few days ago to get going on some shirts for spring, and Zia was almost as excited about it as I was. She went to town on the clothes and scraps, happily pulling every single piece out until she was up to her armpits in fabric! According to my parents, that is exactly what I loved to do as a child--un-organize and make a mess out of every single thing I could get my hands on. They have the pictures to prove it, too! Like mother, like daughter, I guess! ;) Anyway, here are some cute pictures of Z's antics.




This was just the beginning. She didn't stop until she was up to her armpits in fabric! :)

Anyway, digging through all these scraps gave me lots of new ideas. I wanted to start off with some of these gems. Most of them are old shirts from Austin's pre-mission days. He was tiny back then! One of them is an old shirt of my brother's.



As you can see, they are all pretty big on me! I already have a few refashions in the works, and I am excited to share them soon!

Have a great Monday!

-Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment