Friday, August 2, 2013

Spice Cupboard Makeover

Hey, everyone!

Lately I've been spending more time in the kitchen. Not much more, but enough that my mess of a spice cupboard started getting to me.


Pretty bad, right? There was no real rhyme or reason to it, and I ended up having to take out half the spices to find what I was looking for. Since I've had a little more time to cook lately, I decided it was time for a change.

All you need for this cupboard makeover is a few small plastic tubs.

I started by taking everything out and organizing it into three categories--main dish spices, dessert spices, and birthday things/miscellaneous. I put each category into its own little plastic tub, like so.


Our cupboards are a little too shallow to fit the tubs with the skinny side facing out, so I put the tubs sideways with the most-used spices out front.


The birthday things and cupcake liners ended up on top, dessert things in the middle, and main dish spices on bottom. I like the way it turned out! Now I know where to look for things when I need them, and I can pull the whole tub out to look for what I need.

One cupboard down, lots more to go! Baby steps, right?

What are some of your tips and tricks for organizing in the kitchen?

Thanks for reading!

-Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment